Monday, November 20, 2006

The legendary Mrs. Bean

I am breaking the rules of my blog to give you some background. The blog is supposed to chart my notable meals, however I feel compelled to explain to readers about the legendary Mrs. Bean, a continual source of culinary inspiration.

Mrs. Bean is loosely speaking family, being the mother of the husband of my sister. She grew up in Split, in Croatia, during the days (if I am correct) of the Austro-Hungarian empire. I don't know where she learned to cook, but this woman knows her stuff. She is a cook straight from the old school. She does traditional french and italian cooking and she does it with honour.

She's a treasure trove of information on techniques and also is very good at sourcing produce. It's through her that I came upon the cow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home